Western Tube & Conduit Corporation is the leading producer of steel tubing, both black and galvanized, for all of the western United States. Additionally, they are one of the leading major national conduit manufacturers.
Conduit is essentially a tube or trough that is used for protecting electric wiring. It is available in a wide variety of sizes and diameters, and is also available in different shapes to best fit your individual construction project needs.
Western Tube & Conduit Corporation – Electric Conduit
At Western Tube & Conduit Corporation, they offer a complete range of steel electric conduit. Their products offer superior performance, and are designed to fit all of your needs.
On this page, you will find information on the different products and offerings in their conduit product line. Browse through our conduit brochures, or learn more about our conduit certifications. You can access Western Tube & Conduit Corporation’s products by clicking the links above.
Western Tube & Conduit Corporation’s EMT conduit products:
- Are quality controlled each and every step of the way
- Are easy to bend
- Are solutions designed for easy and trouble free wire pulling
- Are compatible with all types of building materials
- Are able to provide a lifetime of safe electrical installations
- Are low in cost
- Are strong and durable
Western Tube & Conduit Corporation’s IMC Conduit products:
- Are approved by Article 342 of the National Electric Code for wherever Rigid Metal Conduit is used.
- Meet the requirements of American National Standards Institute (ANSI) C80.6.
- Meet the requirements of UL 1242 and is listed by Underwriter’s Laboratory
- Require approximately 33% less steel than conventional steel Rigid Conduit.
- Are larger inside diameter permits easier wire-pulling.
- Are threaded to be interchangeable with Rigid Conduit fittings and elbows.
- Require no change in installation procedures: bending, cutting, threading, and hanging devices remain standard.
Western Tube & Conduit Corporation’s Rigid Conduit products:
- Made from highest quality prime steel.
- Each length of conduit is completely cleaned and pickled.
- Hot dipped galvanized and secondary-coated finish insures exceptional corrosion resistance.
- Easy to bend, cut and thread on the job, yet is strong enough to withstand mechanical abuse.
- Simultaneous threading of both ends ensures straight runs.
- A galvanized coupling and a color-coded thread protector is assembled to each length of conduit.
There are plenty of reasons to consider steel conduit for your construction projects. You can feel confident in your decision to use steel conduit, because steel conduit protects conductors against a multitude of physical risks on site, but the advantages and benefits of steel conduit do not end there. Steel conduit is extremely durable, is resistant to fire, and is sustainable.
In addition to these benefits, there are numerous other advantages to choosing steel conduit. Steel conduit projects your conductors against physical impact at all temperatures, does not stretch or tear, and deflects nails and screws that are driven by hand. It delivers the highest yield and tensile strengths, and it is also non-combustible and can be fire stopped with simple and common building materials. Steel conduit also provides a superior electrical path to ground, which eliminates your need for supplementary and additional equipment grounding.
Steel conduit reduces your EMF by as much as 95 percent, and is a compatible coefficient of expansion with the most common construction materials. It is adaptable and makes it easy for you to accommodate various wire changes. Also, the material is fully recyclable, making it sustainable and more environmentally friendly.
Surprisingly, with all of the benefits and advantages that steel conduit has to offer you for your construction projects, there is also a cost advantage to utilizing steel conduit. Due to its lifespan, the ability to future proof your electrical system by using steel conduit actually lowers the total cost of your system. In today’s environment, the need to update your power source, data or communications can happen seemingly overnight. Steel conduit is especially adaptable, and can easily accommodate these changes, making it easier to pull out the old wiring and replace it with new and updated wires. This actually makes steel conduit the most cost efficient choice, in the long run.
To learn more about MSDS, Metric Data, the Conduit Wire Fill Table, or to find distributor list prices, a sales agent or the sales staff, please click on the links above.
If you have any questions about any of the products or services offered by Western Tube & Conduit Corporation, or if you would like to speak to a member of their team directly to discuss your specific needs, please feel free to give them a call at 1-800-310-8823.